Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Meeting Hill Harper

Having lived most of my life in New York, it comes as no surprise that CSI: NY is one of my favorite shows.  So, when I ran into the actor, Hill Harper at the Tysons Galleria mall, I could barely contain my excitement. 


Hill Harper is known best for his role as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes on CSI: NY. 



Although he started acting at the age of seven, Hill took quite an interesting path to the acting world.  He graduated from Brown University and received a JD from Harvard Law School and a Masters in Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. 



He also established the Manifest Your Destiny Foundation, a non-profit youth organization dedicated to empowering, encouraging and inspiring underserved youth to succeed and in his spare time, authored three books, Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny, Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny and The Conversation: How Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships.


In addition to all his accomplishments, Hill could not have been nicer.  He was warm, friendly and gracious to all the fans that approached him.  I left feeling like I had made a new friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment